Diwali is the most auspicious festival celebrated in India. However, come Diwali and people lose a track of their calorie intake. It is considered OK to have a little more sweet on this day! Here is how you can still have a fun and healthy Diwali!
- Limit consumption of foods and sweets. Over intake of sweets at a short period leads to sugar spike and creates complications
- Choose roasted and baked alternatives in place of fried savouries and sweets
- Gift dry fruits loaded with good fat instead of sweets
- Use natural sweeteners like honey and jiggery. There are many new age recipes that are just as sweet and healthy too!
- Final word of caution, Do not skip your exercise routine